Twenty-Five Years ago, Henry S. Cole, Ph.D. founded a firm to provide scientific support for communities, environmental organizations, law firms, and tech companies working to improve the environmental health and sustainability of communities and ecosystems. We have been able to realize our vision through:
- Technical assistance and expert witness for Native American and minority communities facing serious pollution problems.
- Expert research and testimony needed to help communities stop environmentally damaging developments (e.g. mega-gas stations and hot-mix asphalt plants, open court and administrative hearings.
- Served as an expert witness for plaintiffs claims against adverse impacts and nuisance (e.g. odorous emissions from landfills and other facilities).
- Supported tech firms with sustainable alternatives to products containing toxic chemicals (e.g. arsenic-free/ chromium-free pressure treated wood, and PCE-free dry cleaning.
Awards: The company and Dr. Cole have received a number of rewards for our work:
- EPA’s Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Award for his work promoting environmentally safe wood preservatives (2002)
- ACE Award from the Alliance for a Clean Environment for scientific support to improve the cleanup of a Superfund site in Pottstown, PA (2011)
- Peoples Scientist Award from Clean Water Action, (1992)
- Environmental Hero Award from Heart of Illinois Group Sierra Club
Our latest project is collaboration with the Sarayaku Independent Indigenous People of Ecuador’s Amazon Rainforest that includes a docu-drama based on the Sarayaku’s sacred oneness with nature and its struggle to protect its territory from the intrusion by oil companies.
Special Expertise: Dr. Cole has specialized expertise in the fields of air pollution meteorology and air quality modeling and served as a senior scientist and section chief in U.S. EPA’s Air Quality Office.
Dr. Cole is also a creative writer on themes centering on the environment, nature and indigenous peoples.